- This event has passed.
Pickup/shopping service ideas discussion – MtcMA
2021-03-03 @ 7:30pm - 8:30pm
This discussion is on starting a possible new volunteer service to help pick up items around town for neighbors who can’t get out. Of course during the pandemic, there are even greater needs than usual for helping community members who can’t get out. Service ideas that have been suggested so far include:
• Reaching out to seniors who are unfamiliar/uncomfortable with costly InstaCart-like food-shopping services, and finding neighbors willing to pick up a few items for no fee?
• A system like snowmatch.org, mynabes.com, or other platform – matching neighbors to do food shopping for one another?
• Picking up pharmacy items for neighbors?
• Picking up school lunches?
• … and more ideas are welcome!