Montclair community members have generously contributed funds to help local people with urgent needs. Since 2020, our volunteer Direct Giving group has responded to about 120 requests for aid. We help in one or more of these ways:
- offer information on local resources that may help with specific needs,
- referral to community groups and agencies that offer assistance,
- provide funds, in the form of gift cash cards, for immediate and short-term needs such as groceries or baby items.
We require that gift card recipients be local, in Montclair or neighboring towns; we meet briefly in person with each recipient. There are no other requirements and no documents requested – only an urgent need.
- To request help, contact our Direct Giving group at tiny.one/mtcma or +1 973-707-3355 x1.
- To do volunteer tasks with our Direct Giving group, contact us at tiny.one/mtcma.
- To donate cash for our Direct Giving program, you can Venmo to @montclairmutualaid (-9044), or mail a check to Montclair Mutual Aid, PO Box 1773, Montclair, NJ 07042. Write “Direct Giving” in the memo. 100% of MtcMA Direct Giving donations go to individual recipients who have expressed urgent need.