Montclair legal resources
Who can help me with tenant issues, or other legal issues, for free or low cost?
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, vljnj.org.
- NJ State Office of the Public Defender, nj.gov/defender.
- Essex County Legal Aid Assoc, eclaanj.org.
- Justia pro bono legal aid listings, justia.com/lawyers/family-law/new-jersey/essex-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services.
- NJ211 legal counseling listings, nj211.org/resource-search/taxonomy/FP-4000/_/1.
- Rutgers Law School legal assistance clinics, law.rutgers.edu/legal-assistance.
- Seton Hall Law School legal assistance clinics, law.shu.edu/clinics/about.cfm.
- US Dept of Justice NJ pro-bono listings, justice.gov/eoir/file/ProBonoNJ/download
- American Civil Liberties Union, aclu-nj.org/yourrights/fileacomplaint/how-request-legal-help-aclu
Who can help me with domestic violence legal issues, for free or low cost?
- Partners for Women and Justice, 650 Bloomfield Ave #209, Bloomfield, NJ 07003, partnersnj.org, 973-233-0111.
- Rachel Coalition, 570 West Mt. Pleasant Ave #106, Livingston, NJ 07039, rachelcoalition.org, 973-740-1233.
- Essex County Family Justice Center, Smith Public Safety Building, 60 Nelson Pl, fl 2, Newark, NJ 07102, essexcountyfjc.org, 973-230-7229.
- The Safe House, Bloomfield, NJ, hotline +1 973-759-2154, office +1 973-759-2378.
- SAVE of Essex County, 440 Franklin St #200, Bloomfield, NJ 07003, familyserviceleague.org/save-of-essex-county, hotline 877-733-2273, office 973-746-0800.
- DASI, dasi.org, hotline 973-875-1211, office 973-579-2386.
- Manavi Center for South Asian Women, New Brunswick, NJ, manavi.org, hotline 732-435-1414.